Jennifer H. Elowsky has been practicing law for more than seventeen years. She is a founding partner of Baker & Elowsky, PLLC. She serves as the lead general counsel for the Charter Township of Milford, the Village of Milford, the Charter Township of Lyon, and the Village of Wolverine Lake.
Jennifer works in matters relating to land use and zoning, and negotiates and prepares municipal development agreements, structures special assessments and related debt collection, drafts and reviews proposed general law and zoning ordinance regulations, and provides legal review for multiple types of public improvement projects, and private condominium, subdivision and other real estate ventures. Her relationship with many communities and governmental agencies provides networking and resource opportunities which facilitate solid, effective and cost efficient municipal representation for multiple client communities, and she appreciates the “grassroots” approach which those communities so often take to most effectively address their concerns and requirements.
Jennifer received her Bachelor of Arts degree from James Madison College at Michigan State University, and Oakland University in 1994. She then went on to obtain her Juris Doctor degree in 1999 from Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University.
- Charter Township of Milford, General Legal Counsel, 1999-current
- Village of Milford, General Legal Counsel, 1999-current
- Village of Wolverine Lake, General Legal Counsel, 1999-current
- Charter Township of Lyon, General Legal Counsel, 2013-current
- City of Wixom, General Legal Counsel, 1999-2013
- Charter Township of Highland, General Legal Counsel, 1999-2006
- Green Oak Charter Township, General Legal Counsel, 1999-2008
- Village of Cass City, General Legal Counsel, 2001-2005
- Johnson, Rosati, LaBarge, Aseltyne & Field, P.C., Associate Attorney – 2003-2004
- Liability Defense Attorneys through the Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority
- Zoning and Land Use Litigation and General Governmental Affairs
- Cooper, Shifman, Gabe, Quinn & Seymour, Law Clerk and Associate Attorney – 1997-1999
- Attorneys and/or Prosecutors for City of Hazel Park, the City of Ferndale, the City of Novi and the Charter Township of Lyon
- Vanderkloot, Rentrop, Martin, Haynes & Morrison, Assistant to Gary R. Rentrop – 1992-1994
- Attorney and Prosecutor for Charter Township of Oxford, 1992-1994
LEGAL SERVICES OFFERED
- Municipal Law
Throughout her career, Jennifer has been involved in numerous legal associations as well as several community organizations.
- The State Bar of Michigan – Municipal Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association – Public Corporation Section
- Wixom Community Foundation – Board of Directors
- Zonta Club of Milford – Fundraising and Scholarship Committees
- St. Mary Catholic Church Ministry of Moms – Guest Speaker Coordinator
- Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce – Company Representative
- Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce – Company Representative
- Beta Phi Alumni Chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha
- Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Milford Historical Society